It’s impossible for me to hide my admiration for Jeremy Enigk. Sunny Day Real Estate was such a huge part of my youth and his solo material has helped me get through the hard times. So it was no surprise that I was extremely excited to hear him play Sunny Day songs as well as new material on his last spring tour. Jeremy has very quietly been working on his upcoming solo release and has stayed tight lipped about anything regarding his past project, The Fire Theft. So I guess we’ll have to see what happens on his upcoming US tour. Hopefully we’ll get some straight answers. You won’t find any in this week’s Kuestionnaire. But it’s interesting nonetheless.
1. Of all the bands/artists in your CD/record collection, which one is your most cherished?
I have the fortunate luxury of being able to enjoy all music in my collection
2. What have you been listening to lately?
Leonard Cohen. The Replacements.
3. What’s your favorite local band?
4. What was the last show you attended?
5. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
U2, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
6. What show are you looking forward to?
None on the horizon as of yet
7. What musician would you like to hang out/work with for a day?
8. What four albums you would bring to a deserted island?
U2, The Unforgettable Fire.
9. Would you call yourself a music geek?
10. Any favorite music-related videos/DVDs you own?
Popeye. Music by Harry Nillson
11. What’s the last book you read?
Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
12. Do you prefer live performances or recording in the studio?
Anything that blows my mind
13. Any embarrassing moments on stage you’d like to share?
I’ve never been tragically embarrassed enough on stage to mention.
14. Any favorite tour locations?
L.A., London, Lawrence Kansas
15. Lastly, what have you done today?
Played Warhammer Online and died over and over.